Monday, May 7, 2012

Retail Therapy: Session 1

Hi guys,

This being my first official post here on my blog, I thought it might be a good idea to blog about my latest shopping spree (something you'll find that I do quite often). While visiting my older brother here in San Diego, my mother took it upon herself to de-stress me. One trip to the incredible Rancho Bernardo Inn Spa where I was rubbed, scrubbed, buffed and polished; an extensive retail therapy run later and I was feeling quite a bit better. I also took advantage of the Gym at the Rancho Bernardo Inn Spa for a couple hours which certainly helped.
Ever since I was a kid the idea of Retail Therapy was something highly encouraged in our household. I don't believe my mother is ever happier than when shopping, something she's obviously passed down to her children... well, me and Willa anyway. Growing up, me and my family moved around a lot due to our father's career. Because of this we were raised in some of the most fantastic consumer cities in the world.
We finally settled down in Vancouver when I was fifteen but I never lost my lust for fashion.

On this blog I will regularly be featuring posts on my various purchases as well as showing you a little of what I wear on a day-to-day basis. Understand however that pictures of myself are something that will never be seen here due to my loathing of any photo of me. I will however sometimes post a sketch of one of my outfits. Occasionally there might be an item that I have designed and made myself (a hobby I picked up in high school) but I'll let you know where you can get something similar when that happens.
I will also post other things, such as music (the other love of my life) that has captured my attention, movies I want to see and other random bits and pieces.

Now without further ado... my shopping bag from May 5th 2012.



                                                                            Item 1:

What: Nanette Lepore 'Arriba' dress
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $378.00
Why?: This is my favourite style of dress. The little sweetheart neckline is so cute.


                                                                             Item 2:

What: Alice + Oliva 'Anita' striped dress
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $396.00
Why?: The colours! So adorable, and the little quarter length sleeves are so sweet. I'm gonna wear it with a different belt though.


                                                                            Item 3


What: Shoshanna silk chiffon 'Nina' dress
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $395.00
Why?: I loved the straps and the sweet tonal polka dots. It's so flirty and Marilyn-ish.


                                                                            Item 4


What: RED Valentino flower-embellished dress
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $795.00
Why?: Need I explain? The dress is just so classically adorable, plus it looked awesome on.


                                                                            Item 5


What: Milly 'Lucy' side-bow tank top
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $165.00
Why?: It was the colour that drew me in and the neckline.


                                                                            Item 6


What: Alice + Olivia crewneck brooch cardigan
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $330.00
Why?: It's just so damn cute with the little brooches.


                                                                            Item 7


What: Kate Spade New York silk 'Melody' skirt
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $368.00
Why?: The pink polka dots and I have a blouse that'll look really cute with it.


                                                                            Item 8


What: Repetto 'Lio' patent leather mary-janes
Where: Saks Fifth Ave.
How Much: $305.00
Why?: The coral colour is adorable and I have lots of items that will go well with them.


                                                                            Item 9


What: Kate Spade New York 'Isabel' heels
Where: Kate Spade New York.
How Much: $328.00
Why?: I really wanted a pair of yellow heels for summer as I've been wearing a lot of yellow lately and these were just so summery.


                                                                            Item 10


What: Kate Spade New York thin bow belt
Where: Kate Spade New York
How Much: $78.00
Why?: I love bow belts... I'm sorta addicted to them.


                                                                            Item 11


What: Kate Spade New York kissing bee belt
Where: Kate Spade New York
How Much: $128.00
Why?: My nickname since childhood has been Bea. Aww... it's just so sweet.


                                                                            Item 12



What: Kate Spade New York travel nail polish set
Where: Kate Spade New York
How Much: $28.00
Why?: Cute summer colours.


                                                                            Item 13


What: Kate Spade New York 'Franca' sunglasses
Where: Kate Spade New York
How Much: $128.00
Why?: I bought the white ones like this last summer and they're still my favourites. I thought the pinks ones might be a nice change of pace. Plus, they remind me of Barbie.


                                                                            Item 14


What: Juicy Couture pave bow bracelet
Where: Juicy Couture
How Much: $48.00
Why?: It's so pretty.


Alright. There you go. I got a couple other little things that aren't found online but this is most of it.
I hope you guys are having a good time this week. Thanks for checking out my new blog and I look forward to lots of cool posts like this one.
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment