Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We Sailed Away On A Winter's Day...

Hi,

Today, I made the most delicious cupcakes... They were devil's food cake (old family recipe) with chocolate chunks and maple syrup in the batter. I frosted them with maple buttercream frosting. So freakin' good, however I would recommend a glass of milk with them because they're really intense. The kids went crazy for them. 
My cousin is getting married on Sunday, so I have to figure out what to wear to that. It's kinda a garden party wedding so I shouldn't have much trouble. 
I've been researching cars the last couple days. I've had my license since I was a teenager but I've never had my own car, I just didn't need it. Now, though, I will be working in North Van, so I need a vehicle to take me there. I could just take public transit but the route is a bit complicated. My dad's gonna go halfsies  on it with me, a gift for getting the job. He wants to get me the Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet, the convertible. Personally, I think a convertible is a little silly for me considering I live in a city where it rains 60% of the time but hey, it's a gift... I'll take it. Something I've noticed is that they make cars in such boring colours. It's true, you either get black, silver, blue or red and it's the most generic shades. I get why, I just wish that they would give the options of other colours... I think I've settled on red for now.
Anyhoo... That's pretty much been my day. I've been doing a little gift shopping lately on the sly. I felt like my grad gift to Willa (this Mulberry bag) was a little lame, so I've been building up a collection of University friendly clothes for her to take with her. I still can't believe my genius little sister is going to Cambridge!
Below is what I'm wearing today on this grey day, I know, I was cold but it's summer for God's sake, no grey weather is gonna keep me from my shorts.
-Bea

Joanna Newsom










Shorts: Nadinoo
Shoes: Golden Ponies (in Gold Glitter)
Bag: Cath Kidston
Sunglasses: Kate Spade New York
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Watch: Vintage (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment