Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Retail Therapy: Session 5 - Fall 2013 (Orla Kiely Fall + Pre-Fall)

Hi all...

I finally got the chance to do a little shopping yesterday and it was about bloody time too. It was getting a little ridiculous. Anyway, I thought I'd give you a little look see at some of the things I've purchased for fall so far, so as not to make this post too long, I'm gonna break it up into parts and I'm gonna start with what I bought from my all time favourite brands ever... Orla Kiely...

(Ps. Yes I went a little crazy but I hadn't shopped in weeks! So it's okay.)



(Click The Colorways To Get Your Own)

Item 1

What: Orla Kiely Dolly Mixture Georgette Tunic - Liquorice - Bisquit
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $486.00
Why?: I absolutely adore the shape. It's so flattering on and the print of course is amazing but that sorta goes without saying...

Item 2

What: Orla Kiely Polka Daisy Flock Strappy Dress - Ink
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $535.00
Why?: I love this print! It looks like polka dots but then you look up close and it's little flowers. So cute. I also enjoy that it's Navy and not Black because I prefer to wear Navy, it's not so harsh.

Item 3

What: Orla Kiely Sunset Flora Print Flower Shift Dress - Mimosa
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $583.00
Why?: So freakin' cute and sixties. I love the flower neck.

Item 4

What: Orla Kiely Chunky Stitch Sleeveless Dress - Ochre
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $456.00
Why?: This was the dress that I was most looking forward to when I saw the lookbook. With the cream long sleeve underneath. So adorable.

Item 5

What: Orla Kiely Flower Oval Fairisle Dress -Navy & Red
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $440.00
Why?: It reminds me a little of what RED Valentino did this season. Sorta Hansel and Gretel-ish. 

Item 6

What: Orla Kiely Posie Print Organza Pleat Yoke Dress - Geranium
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $538.00
Why?: Um, is this not the prettiest dress you've ever seen. I love love love love it!

Item 7

What: Orla Kiely Posie Print Silk Crepe Collar Dress - Pebble - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $603.00
Why?: This is so cute on. I love it. I was so torn between the Pebble and the Ochre but I put my foot down, I'll probably get the other one at some point later... maybe at the sale.

Item 8

What: Orla Kiely Quilted Flower Shift Dress - Navy
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $538.00
Why?: Love. That is all.

Item 9

What: Orla Kiely Colour Block Crepe Blouse - Cream - Navy
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $391.00
Why?: You can never have too many collared long sleeve shirts. I love the pointed collar.

Item 10

What: Orla Kiely Mohair Sweater - Moss - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $352.00
Why?: I fell instantly. It's adorable like this and then you find that the collar is detachable. Perfect!

Item 11

What: Orla Kiely Posie Print Silk Crepe Neck Tie Blouse - Ochre
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $407.00
Why?: As I'm sure you saw last winter, I wear a lot of things with pussybow necks. They look amazing under sweaters.

Item 12

What: Orla Kiely Giant Wildflower Print Organza Blouse - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $371.00
Why?: A good going out top. I don't wear black much, but I'm gonna try more.

Item 13

What: Orla Kiely Silk Crepe Collar Blouse - Cream - Pebble - Ochre
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $390.00 - $407.00
Why?: So Orla Kiely. It's like if the entire brand could be summed up in a shirt, it would be this one. That's why I got it in every colour. I'm sure we'll probably be seeing this on Zooey Deschanel on New Girl.

Item 14

What: Orla Kiely Scattered Flower Print Jersey Collar Top - Liquorice
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $141.00
Why?: So cute and comfy. 

Item 15

What: Orla Kiely Dolly Mixture Georgette Blouse - Biscuit - Liquorice
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $325.00
Why?: Like I said before. You can never have too many. Especially when they're printed.

Item 16

What: Orla Kiely Polka Daisy Flock Skirt - Ink
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $325.00
Why?: Again with the print! I bought the matching jacket as well... and the pants... but I can't find them online. Sorry. It'll be amazing for work.

Item 17

What: Orla Kiely Wool Twill Skirt - Camel
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $322.00
Why?: Again, a prefect little skirt for work. Plus it'll be so versatile.

Item 18

What: Orla Kiely Sparkle Ottoman Skirt - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $423.00
Why?: It's so sparkly and beautiful!

Item 19

What: Orla Kiely Mohair Cardigan - Moss - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $372.00
Why?: I have a cardigan fetish. That just the way it is. I've stopped trying to fight it. I love lighter ones like this that I can wear into the spring.

Item 20

What: Orla Kiely Spot Flower Fairisle Cardigan - Moss & Cream - Black & Cream
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $390.00
Why?: Awww... again very Hansel And Gretel.

Item 21

What: Orla Kiely Animal Embroidery Cardigan - Cream
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $420.00
Why?: I almost died. So amazing with the little animals on it. It's so fifties chic. I feel like I should be wearing cardigan pins and cat eye glasses... which I probably will be at some point.

Item 22

What: Orla Kiely Flower Oval Fairisle Cardigan - Sparkle - Navy & Red
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $390.00
Why?: I love the sparkle knit. I also love buying cardigan/dress suits. They're awesome.

Item 23

What: Orla Kiely Lurex Cardigan - Red - Black
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $358.00
Why?: A great go with everything nighttime cardigan. It'll be great for going out in the winter and the summer.

Item 24

What: Orla Kiely Shetland Wool Cardigan - Ochre - Cream - Navy
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $292.00
Why?: I'm a sucker for staples like this. Another wear with anything purchase.

Item 25

What: Orla Kiely Squirrel Intarisa Cardigan - Coffee
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $374.00
Why?: Lol. Squirrels. They remind me of Marley.

Item 26

What: Orla Kiely Wool Twill Jacket - Violet - Camel
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $505.00
Why?: This goes with that amazing skirt I got. I wish they'd had the purple skirt in my size too. Alas. Maybe in London... I'll ask Willa to check when she goes home.

Item 27

What: Orla Kiely Punched Sunset Flora Leather Mini Ivy Bag - Lichen
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $407.00
Why?: Even though I'm a Mulberry girl through and through, I just can't deny a good Orla Kiely bag. I like her unusual shapes.

Item 28

What: Orla Kiely Textured Vinyl Sunset Flora Print Small Jeanie Bag - Candy - Slate
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $374.00
Why?: I like things with colour pops. This will be great with a lot of things.

Item 29

What: Orla Kiely Sixties Stem Punched Leather Ivy Bag - Plum
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $587.00
Why?: Such a pretty colour. It's not as red as the mulberry ones I have.

Item 30

What: Orla Kiely Pretty Punched Flower Patent Leather Holly Bag - Cerise
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $489.00
Why?: This is my favourite purse shape ever. It's so lady-like and amazing. Plus, with the little punched out flowers... Love.

Item 31

What: Orla Kiely Climbing Daisy Velvet Holly Bag - Parchment
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $390.00
Why?: It reminds me of the Great Gatsby. So cool.



Finally, I'm just gonna point out some other things from this collection that I've got my eye on...


This adorable little velvet printed suit is to die for! Even if it slightly reminds me of Austin Powers.

The little raised flower jacket is so freakin' pretty in pink. Can't wait!



I love this little quilted suit. The sleeves are amazing. 

I plan on wear fur/faux fur coats this winter. Humane ones of course. So cute!


Well, there you go. My Orla Kiely shopping spree is complete... for now. Look forward to more fall 2013 buys coming your way soon.
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment