Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Things I Never Really Said To Make You Stay, Cause I Love The Way You Walk Away...

Hi there everyone!

Yeah, I know, I am officially the worst blogger in the world but man! What a month April was! I get tired and stressed out just thinking about it. After all the drama that Maddie brought with her before spring break, I had to take care of the other side of the equation after the break. I got back only to have Alex come over from France a few days later. I'd like the say that I've never seen Alex so upset but unfortunately... this is something that's happened many times before. Anyway, it meant that for the last few weeks I've been president of the bucking up committee. I sent Alex back to Paris on Monday with a decidedly cheerier disposition and the solemn promise that he not associate with Maddie for a few weeks. I however have spoken with her on the phone everyday since he left. FRIENDS! I tell ya! I don't expect this rift to last very long. I give it a year before the two of them are back to their old patterns.
Also, in April, I had a student of mine in the eleventh grade ask me for a book recommendation. He asked me to recommend a good YA fiction book concerning homosexuality. I immediately told him to get his hands on both 'Boy Meets Boy' and 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' both of which were written by David Levithan ('Will Grayson' was co-written by John Green), who is perhaps one of the smartest men writing today. Anyway, about a week later, before class, I was bombarded by a very angry mother who screamed at me for what seemed like a month about how I was encouraging her son's "bad behaviour" (excuse me while I roll my eyes). She then went and complained to the principal about me. So I had to deal with all of that. Not to worry, it was all resolved (somewhat) and my job is quite safe. It really irked me though. She was such a nightmare. It's kind of crazy to think that in this day and age there are still people like that out there. We live in BC for the love of God, we're pretty liberal out here and yet...! Anyway...
On top of all of this, my Gran (dad's mom) was in the hospital for a while with a bad case of pneumonia, which was quite scary. She's alright now, but it really drove home the fact that one day, probably not that far in the future, she'll be leaving this mortal coil. So yeah, all in all, a pretty nasty month.
What do you think? Am I absolved? I hope so, because I missed you guys. I really hope you missed me. I promise that I'm back for a while now. I'm really not planning on things getting this crazy again, at least not until I leave for the Hamptons this summer. Oh and speaking of... I am almost finished writing a novel that I've been working on for what feels like my entire life. Perhaps a few weeks of rest and relaxation at my favourite beach house will be just the ticket to finish. Fingers crossed...
So, I was gonna do a big back log of outfit posts but when I started I realized that I'd totally forgotten everything I'd worn so you're just gonna have to settle for what I wore today. Love you guys and promise that I'll be here more from now on. 
-Bea

(Ps. Have you guys been watching Game of Thrones? Wow! I also got sucked into American Idol this year. I know! This is a good season though.)

What I'm Listening To:
Blitzen Trapper










May 1st 2014
Top: J. Crew
Skirt: RED Valentino
Shoes: Charlotte Olympia
Bag: Dolce & Gabbana
Sunglasses: Kate Spade New York
Earrings: Kate Spade New York
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird
Nail Polish: Top Shop in Hide And Seek

No comments:

Post a Comment