Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Retail Therapy: Session 6 - Fall 2014...

Alright...

So my mother and I were in manhattan a few days ago and stopped in at a couple of my favourite stores. Orla Kiely had a wave of new fall arrivals and I bought so much! I just adored everything and I fully plan on hitting it again one last time before we fly home. We also hit Saint Laurent and Miu Miu as well as a few others. Below is a look at some of the things I bought for fall during this little outing. It's been quite a long while since I did a proper retail therapy session post here on the blog so... enjoy it!
-Bea



(Click the colorways to get your own)

Item 1

What: Orla Kiely Ditsy Cat Shirt Dress - Chalk
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $564.00
Why: It's all about the cat print. It's just so fun and quirky but the shape of the dress and the colors give it a seriousness. I love a good contradiction.

Item 2

What: Orla Kiely Big Cat Jacquard Shift Dress - Midnight
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $564.00
Why: This is like Wednesday Addams meets Kate Spade. It's so adorable and I think with black mary janes and a fur coat it'll be perfect.

Item 3

What: Orla Kiely Spot The Dog Printed Dress With Belt - Amethyst Pink
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $579.00
Why: I just couldn't resist the print. Cute little doggies!

Item 4

What: Orla Kiely Cat Intarsia Sweater - Camel - Grey Melange
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $331.00
Why: I think I'm gonna get a lot of wear outta these. Little kitty faces! So versatile too.

Item 5

What: Orla Kiely Ditsy Cat Top - Chalk
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $364.00
Why: I love the peplum with the pin tucking. It's so feminine. Add the kitty print and puffed sleeves and it's a hit right out of the park.

Item 6

What: Orla Kiely Mohair Cat Intarsia Roll Neck Jumper - Navy
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $366.00
Why: A turtleneck with kitty intarsia. French girl chic.

Item 7

What: Orla Kiely Textured Jacquard Trousers - Black - Peony Pink
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $327.00
Why: I love a good cropped trouser... almost as much as I like the word trouser. In my opinion you can never have too many good pairs of pants. I love the textured fabric on these, makes them unique.

Item 8

What: Orla Kiely Textured Jacquard Pleated Skirt - Ebony
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $331.00
Why: This skirt is perfect. I have always had a bit of a hard time with midi skirt, as they make me look even shorted than I already seem but this one hits just the right spot to look chic and not frumpy.

Item 9

What: Orla Kiely Puppy Love Print Mini Skirt - Grey Melange
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $327.00
Why: I adore this skirt! I'll probably buy the matching sweatshirt before I go home. The fabric is really soft and comfy. That's not to mention the puppy print.

Item 10

What: RED Valentino Faille Pleated Skirt - Black
Where: Saks Fifth Ave
How Much: $649.00
Why: Like I said about pants, you can never have too many skirts, especially black skirts. This one ties at the waist and has micro pleat detail. Love!

Item 11

What: Orla Kiely Embroidered Cat Cardigan - Grey Melange - Camel
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $331.00
Why: Yeah... I like kitties *shrug* And like I said about the sweater, I'll wear these a lot.

Item 12

What: Orla Kiely Big Cat Jacquard Jacket - Midnight
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $514.00
Why: So cute! With the black pants and the kitty print blouse... so so cute.

Item 13

What: Orla Kiely Crepe Coating Coat - Winter Sky Melange
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $813.00
Why: This coat screams Audrey Hepburn to me. Can't you just see her wearing this? She totally would have. It also reminds me of one of the first Orla Kiely pieces I bought that was very similar.

Item 14

What: RED Valentino Fuzzy Faille Coat - Black
Where: Saks Fifth Ave
How Much: $648.00
Why: Just quirky enough to work. I love the feathery fuzziness. It'll make a nice change from my Marc Jacobs fur. 

Item 15

What: Orla Kiely Teddy Coat - Camel
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $756.00
Why: I loved this on. It's pretty funny that they call it a teddy coat because you certainly look like one in it. It's cozy too.

Item 16

What: Miu Miu Jewelled Heel Patent Leather Mary Jane Ballerinas - Black
Where: Miu Miu Store
How Much: $685.00
Why: I had another pair that were almost identical but I lent them to Willa for a night over christmas and she brought them back with a broken strap... it's okay though because I actually like the straps on these ones better, more sixties-ish.

Item 17

What: Saint Laurent Babies 40 Square Buckle Patent Mary Janes - Black
Where: Saint Laurent Store
How Much: $895.00
Why: A good pair of mary janes go very far indeed. I love the black buckle on the front, so retro. I got my eye on a pair of Saint Laurent's glitter mary janes too. Just give it time.

Item 18

What: Orla Kiely Patent Leather Holly Bag - Emerald - Shell Pink
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $530.00
Why: This is my favourite bag shape ever. I bought it in every color last year too when it had the bow on it. I've needed a good green purse for quite some time.

Item 19

What: Orla Kiely Tabitha Bag - Black
Where: Orla Kiely Store
How Much: $331.00
Why: OMG! Kitty face bag. It reminds me of Mysteri... I miss that cat! But this will remind me of him every time I wear it... which I'm betting will be often.

Item 20

What: Orla Kiely Valerie Sunglasses - Brown
Where: Orla Kiely Online
How Much: $215.00
Why: This was a last minute addition. I saw these on the Orla Kiely website this morning and fell in love. They're a lot like the cream ones that I've been wearing since my Kate Spade 'Franca's broke. I think these will be a nice change for fall.

Item 21

What: Saint Laurent Signature Large Silk Muslin Bow With Leather Collar - Black
Where: Saint Laurent Store
How Much: $625.00
Why: Yes! Imagine it with the kitty print shirt dress from Orla Kiely and a cute black cardigan, maybe some black above the knee socks and mary janes. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment