Friday, July 20, 2012

Throw Me A Line, Throw Me Out I'll Catch Up Sometime...

Hey guys,

So, we're back in Manhattan for a few days. We came out last night to celebrate mom's birthday. We had a really nice dinner last night mom's fave, the Russian Tea Room. Ben and I shared the scallops, the lobster salad and the chicken kiev. It was a lot of food but it was totally delish! I also had a Cosmonaut (cocktail) and it's so good, one of my fave drinks. I still feel a little silly ordering a cocktail when I'm at dinner with my parents, I know I'm twenty-five but still...
Today, Ben and I did a little record shopping and I found quite a few treasures including; The Antlers' 'Hospice', Blitzen Trapper's 'Furr' which is one of my all time fave albums, Fruit Bats' 'Mouthfuls' an album that I've been trying to find on vinyl for a long time, the only My Morning Jacket album I don't have 'At Dawn', The National's 'High Violet' and J. Tillman's 'Singing Ax'. I got some other ones too... I'm thinking about doing a couple of new things here on the blog including a what I'm listening to feature on each post and a post detailing the contents of my record collection. Ben and I went crazy for records when we were in Uni and now we've got a very decent collection.
Tonight Ben and I are heading out to our favourite NY restaurant, The Waverly Cafe. Yum!
Below is what I wore today in the yucky weather, I had to wear my glasses because I tore a contact last night... sigh...
-Bea

(Ps. I've got a new outfit layout... I think it just looks cleaner.)


Dress: Nadinoo
Coat: Burberry
Shoes: Hunter
Bag: Cath Kidston
Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Nail Polish: Top Shop Nails in Hide And Seek

No comments:

Post a Comment