Saturday, January 12, 2013

Insanity Laughs, Under Pressure...

Oh the insanity of it all...

Hi there everyone, yes I know it's been way too long since my last post but I have a good excuse... or a couple of good excuses as it is.
I had a fantastic holiday break with my amazing family in New York and when I got home, I had an equally fantastic celebration with my handsome fiance. However things quickly went downhill when I first had to deal with complications surrounding the renovation of our new house, then on New Years eve both Ben and I got sick with a wicked flu. It really was so terrible. Then finally yesterday, we had to take our cat Mysteri to the vet as lately he's been showing signs of illness, lack of appetite, weight loss, weakness and gooey eyes. The vet (who was kinda an ass) told us that Mysteri is very sick and might not last very much longer, which totally broke my heart. The vet wanted us to hospitalize him and do blood tests and x-rays which would have cost us $1,000.00 and that would just be a start to figure out what's wrong and then it would be a matter of treating him. Ben and I made an executive decision right then and there that we would take him home and ride it out for a few days... because, while I'm not one for conspiracy theories... I don't really trust vets. We're gonna wait until next week and if he's not showing any signs of recovery then... we'll reevaluate.
So that's how things are right now. Between all of this and work, I haven't had much time to blog but hopefully things will slow down soon.
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment