Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We Were Only Kids Then...

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this post might seem a little disconnected and all over the place but there are so many exciting things happening this week and I'm trying to post this all in my lunch break.
First up...
All you need to do is look at me and my style to tell that I'm a huge Zooey Deschanel fan. Like huge. I think she's absolutely adorable and her hilarious sit-com New Girl is one of the tv events of the week that I never miss. This week, I was so happy to see something that all us fans have been waiting to see for a long time now, a Nick/Jess kiss and let me tell you it was a good one too. Seriously, I'm a bit obsessed with movie/tv kisses and some nights when I'm feeling a little down I pick out my favourite movies and fast forward to the kisses. It always makes me feel better. The kiss on this week's episode was absolutely perfect, so romantic that my cheeks actually got a little red. Yes, I'm a romance dork. I really believe that this particular kiss may have just made it into my rotation right along with Joey and Pacey's first kiss and Rory and Jess's kiss at Sookie's wedding. A hefty statement. (maybe one day I'll do a list of my favourites).
Second...
My amazing new Orla Kiely furniture arrived at the new house yesterday morning, shipped to me from England with the help of the incredible people at Orla Kiely. Let me tell you, it looks amazing! I was so excited that I went straight after work and sat there staring at it for a while.
Speaking of the new house...
As of Friday at three o'clock I will no longer have a fridge or a stove as they are being moved to the house. That's right, the move is officially underway. All of us stuff is packed and sitting, ready to go. The lovely people who made our house as beautiful as I imagined finished up yesterday night. Friday, Ben and I, with the help of our lovely friends and a very capable moving company will set to moving everything. A lot of our current things have been either sold or donated to make room for the brand spanking new. I swear, I'm still working on the post showing a bit of what we've got going on at the new place.
One of my favourite things about moving, if I remember correctly (it's been a while) is getting to put all your things in their new places, organizing new closets (especially since our new one is huge!) and seeing how your life is gonna look for a while. It's fun.
True though, it will be really sad for me to see our current apartment empty. When I moved in there was such a buzz of possibility and so much has happened there since. It is where I had the worst break up of my life, where I met the love of my life, where he asked for forever. It's where I graduated university, where I got my first grown up job. It's where I bought my cat, where my cat died. It was in that very living room that I learned I'd be an aunt for the first time, it's where I said goodbye to my brother when they moved to California. I've met friends and lost friends, all right there. Geez, I'm sorry, I'm almost making myself cry already. It's gonna be really hard but I know that I have so much more to look forward to in our new house and I'm excited for it all.
That's really all for this post. I hope I didn't make you all as sad as I made myself and hope that you can all remember your good times as clearly as I remember mine. Oh! And don't forget to check out my outfit posts below.
-Bea

(PS. I made Ben watch Skins with me a couple weeks ago when I started the series over and guess what? He loves it. We've been watching it every night. It took him some time to come around to the second generation but he did. I never in a million years thought he'd like it, I'm never sure with that guy but I guess that keeps it interesting. Oh, and we've been watching it on Netflix, did you know that they changed most of the music? It sucks, the music was part of what made the show so good.)

(PPS. Dinner tonight is gonna be Swiss Potato Soup from the New Good Housekeeping Cookbook (1963 edition). I haven't decided what else I'm gonna make yet... any ideas?)

What I'm Listening To:
The Maccabees
Given To The Wild
'Grew Up At Midnight'









January 29th 2013
Dress: Birds And Beas (Sakura Dress - Meadowlark/French Navy)
Cardigan: Missoni
Coat: Carven
Tights: Top Shop
Shoes: Bass x Weejuns
Bag: Mulberry
Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Majorica
Rabbit Brooch: Hermes
Dove Brooch: Hannah Whyman
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar


January 30th 2013
Skirt: Miu Miu (pants)
Blazer: Miu Miu
Tights: Falke
Shoes: Carven
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pins: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Majorica
Rabbit Brooch: Hermes
Dove Brooch: Hannah Whyman
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar

No comments:

Post a Comment