Friday, June 22, 2012

Sunshine, Been Keeping Me Up For Days...

OMG...
excuse the expression but things have just been so crazy around here the last couple days. I've hardly had a moment to myself since the last time I posted. The Kwellers have officially invaded. Mom, Dad, Willa and Ruby landed yesterday morning and Kaelen, Vikki and the kids got here a few hours ago. It's a little hectic right now, with everyone settling in. Don't get me wrong, I love my family more than anything in the world but honestly, I think I'm gonna miss the peace and quiet.
Right at this moment, Ben is working in the office, mom is helping the girls unpack and such. I'm not entirely sure what dad's doing but he's around somewhere.
We had a really delicious dinner tonight that mom made us, I love it when mom's around.
I stumbled upon the pre-fall collection that's going up at Orla Kiely and have already spent a small fortune there.

This summer, to keep me busy (like I'll have a lot of downtime) I brought with me my sewing artillery. I've got practically a whole new wardrobe designed and patterned out for fall, all that's left is to sew it up. I've had this stuff ready to go for a few months but haven't really been must inspired to do it. Now, however I believe that it's time. I'll give you a taste of it below...


The 'Carlisle' dress. 
This adorable Liberty Co. bird print is the big feature of this collection, I absolute adored it so I bought so much of it. I bought it in a few other colours too, maybe in the future... This dress features a sailor style collar complete with yoke back, quarter length sleeves and an easy fit-and-flare silhouette. I'll pair it with a thick fabric belt and voila! This colour combo is Meadowlark/American Mouth.


The 'Laurel' romper.
This is the secondary pattern (also Liberty Co.) in the collection and it features oil paint looking flowers and retro looking sunbursts. This romper features long slightly billowed sleeves, an interesting fold style collar, a slim placket down the front with real buttons, a cinched bow tie waist, tailoring in the bust and wide culottes style shorts. This colour combo is Heard Them Stirring/American Mouth. 


The 'August' dress.
I feel so utterly in love with these stripes that I recently tracked down more of this fabric so I could use it again at a later date. The thin white against navy horizontal stripes give the collection a bit of polish. This dress features a a wide neck with a triple petal collar, a keyhole cut out, a multi-pleat skirt, short sleeve and a faux bow tie cinch waist. This colour combo is Jailbird/White.

There you go. I've got so many things to make before fall that it's almost funny. I'd better get to work. I plan on paring this stuff with my new Mulberry bags (thank you birthday), some cute boots or maybe some loafers. I'm sure you'll see more come fall when I start wearing it. And speaking of, below is what I'm wearing today and also features a design of my very own. The 'Leslie' dress which features a v-neck with pointed collar, short sleeve, a semi full skirt, thick waist band, faux buttons and a beautifully soft Liberty Co. print. I call this colour combo Playground Love/Sally's Seashells.

I plan on another post tomorrow and hopefully it will involve a playlist of some sort... stay tuned.
-Bea

Dress: Birds And Beas
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Shoes: Kurt Geiger London
Sunglasses: Kate Spade New York
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Rings: Mod Cloth (pink and blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment