Saturday, June 9, 2012

They Are A Wall Of Arms Around Me...

Hello.

Sigh. I'm tired. The party has finally wound down and everyone's gone home. It was a nice party and it was great to see everyone. Ozzy had a great time getting gifts and eating cake. My parents' friends are funny, they always give the same gifts, money. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's just funny how that's kind of like a standard gift. Ben and I played our set and it was great, we had a couple friends of ours out here come in and play with us. Our friend Mark is a really kick ass bassist and Jamie is a great drummer. Ben and I left most of our originals at home and mostly played covers.

Set List:
1. 'Wall Of Arms' - The Maccabees
2. 'House Of Gold' - Breathe Owl Breathe
3. 'Knots' - Lisa Hannigan
4. 'Boat' - Breathe Owl Breathe
5. 'Everyday' - Buddy Holly
6. 'Heart Of Gold' - Neil Young
7. 'Dancing Barefoot' - Patti Smith
8. 'That's What's Up' - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
9. 'Gonna Make You Love Me' - Ryan Adams
10. 'Lions Jaw' - Breathe Owl Breathe
11. 'Goodbye Song' - The Moldy Peaches

Below is what I wore to the party. It includes the 'Wendy' dress that I designed myself. The 'Wendy' dress is an adorable v-neck chevron striped dress featuring stripes in Liberty's 'Tom's Jets' fabric, a soft pinky coral and a lovely mint cotton. It also features a thin white cotton belt at the waist. This is one of my favourite dresses that I've ever designed. The wendy dress is a dress I've made in many colours and this one I call 'This Time Tomorrow'.

Right now, the boys (Ben and Kaelen) and I are lounging on the couch watching hockey... Go Devils! I hope you guys had as good a Saturday as I did.
-Bea



Dress: Birds And Beas (my own design, fabric is next to it).
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Shoes: Repetto
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pins: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Rings: Mod Cloth
Nail Polish: Top Shop Nails in Hide And Seek

No comments:

Post a Comment