Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Forever And Always...

You'll never guess what happened to me yesterday...

Ben and I went out to a nice dinner at the restaurant where we had our first real date, The Keg. I had a delicious caesar salad and garlic mashed potatoes with creme brûlée for dessert. Over dessert Ben asked me to marry him. Isn't it amazing?!
Ben and I have always talked about it and we knew it was something we'd do someday but I wasn't expecting it quite yet. I, of course said yes. He proposed with my maternal grandmother's engagement ring which is an incredibly beautiful 1930's yellow gold and diamond ring (similar). It's got a little cluster of round diamonds surrounding a larger one in the centre. He must have been planning it since at least the summer as he must have asked mom for it then. I'm so incredibly happy. We called our families the minute we got home and neither side was surprised so, it seems that I was last to know. They were very happy and excited. We've already set a date, June 15th 2013, just a couple days after my birthday. We've decided to wait until December for our Engagement party as we both want Ben's older sister Jane and her husband Michael to be there and they're currently residing in London. They'll be back in December though...
This all means, that I'm starting a new Pintrest board with ideas for the wedding. Ben also wants to discuss moving into a house instead of an apartment... we'll see... I love our apartment. 

On another note, I'm working on a little project right now. I'm currently working on crocheting a blanket for our bed. I'm making it using this stitch, in this colour, and this one and this one. I think it'll be really pretty. I've been knitting since I was a kid when my nan (dad's mom) used to watch Kae and I. She taught us both to knit and to dance and play the piano. She's a very artsy lady. So, that's what I'm up to right now, just crocheting away...
Check out my pintrest for my wedding ideas. Mrs. Bronte Peach Oakland... hmm... thoughts?
-Bea

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros











September 18th 2012 (day)
Cardigan: Cath Kidston
Shoes: Toast (similar)
Bag: Mulberry
Headband: Jennifer Behr
Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Rabbit Brooch: Hermes
Dove Brooch: Hannah Whyman
Watch: Vintage (similar)




September 18th 2012 (night)
Dress: Orla Kiely
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pins: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Bracelet: Kate Spade New York
Engagement Ring: Vintage (not shown)

September 19th 2012
Dress: Nadinoo
Tights: Top Shop (similar)
Shoes: Miss L Fire
Bag: Mulberry
Hat: Top Shop
Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Majorca
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Rabbit Brooch: Hermes
Dove Brooch: Hannah Whyman
Watch: Vintage (similar)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

    piano movers Vancouver

    ReplyDelete