Saturday, October 27, 2012

What's The Buzz, Tell Me What's A-Happening...

The haps...

So, I think at this point everyone has heard about the hurricane headed for New York and lucky for me, my parents and little sister Ruby happened to be visiting up here when we heard about it. They came to look at the house that Ben and I are leaning towards buying (more about that later). They've now decided to stay for a bit until the storm dies down a bit and I am certainly not complaining. Kaelen and his kids are visiting Victoria's parents in Montana where they have retired to, so I don't have to worry about the damage from the earthquake on the west coast hitting them. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I am absolutely terrified of natural disasters, I always have been. I don't think I slept for a month after the Tsunami (my absolute worst fear) hit Japan, so the very idea that the most important people in my world may be hit with something like it, scares the crap out of me. But thankfully, they're all safe this time around.
Ben and I have found our house... I think. It's a beautiful two story, three bedroom house up in Kerrisdale which is the same area that Ben's parents live so they're stoked. Anyway, the house is beautiful, it's got huge windows, hardwood floors, a fireplace, a beautiful staircase and kitchen. The bedrooms are big and there's more than enough room for us come family time plus there's a huge walk in closet in the master bedroom... not gonna lie, that's one of the things that sold it.
Anyway, the family is in town to check it out and make sure everything is as it should be but once that's done, we'll be home owners...
That's the haps around here... it all means however, that I haven't been able to do the whole blogging things. Hopefully things'll be back to normal soon. Hope you guys and all your families are safe and well.
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment