Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sleep Little Darling, Do Not Cry And I Will Sing A Lullaby...

Hi there everyone!

This one here is probably gonna be a rather long post, but I'm trying to get a lot done so bare with me. First up, how do you like the new design? I think it looks rather good. Perhaps not quite as good as the last one but... I'm resigned.
Second, it was my brother's birthday yesterday and I skyped with him for like two hours after work. I can't wait until spring break when I get to see him. I have officially ordered my Orla Kiely stuff to take with me and the lady I talked to on the phone assured me that it would arrive before I left. I have a retail therapy post sitting in the drafts, just waiting for a couple last minute item before I post it. So watch for it.
Third, I've posted my favourite looks from Sunday's Academy Awards. There were lots of pretty dresses to choose from but I think the ones below are my favourites. My favourite moment? Karen O And Ezra Koenig's performance of 'The Moon Song' was so beautiful, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
And lastly, I have an outfit update for you. It's only been about five days, so I'm not that far behind. I've been good.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the Oscars and have tons of fun things planned for the upcoming spring break.
-Bea

(PS. have recently become a little bit obsessed with 'Star-Crossed' on the CW. See? This is why I can't start watching TV shows. Once I watch one episode, I absolutely have to know what happens. For instance, I watched True Blood for four seasons... Finally I had to give up that ghost. But hey, I found like ten replacements, so it all works out.)

What I'm Listening To:
The Beatles
Abbey Road
'Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End/Her Majesty'










Oscar Favourites

1. Lupia Nyong'o in custom Prada. This colour was so absolutely stunning on her that I almost forgot for a moment that the actress herself, bugs the crap out of me.
2. Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive. Some say that this colour washes Cate out, but I couldn't disagree more. I think so looks soft and classy (what else is new) and absolutely gorgeous. 


3. Julie Delpy is Jenny Packham. This dress is so perfect for Julie, it's like it was made for her. I absolutely love it. The beading and the old hollywood-ness of it. Perfect.
4. Jessica Biel in Chanel Haute Couture. I love this because it's so sleek and chic but the colours make it soft still. I love that wore her hair down with it. 


5. Karen O in Camilla Stærk. I think that this dress is amazing on her, so vampy and old hollywood-ish yet still classy. I loved the red one she wore while performing too.

Outfit Posts

February 28th 2014
Dress: Orla Kiely
Cardigan: Paul & Joe
Coat: Marc Jacobs
Belt: Burberry Prorsum
Shoes: Bass x Weejuns
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pin: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
Earrings: Majorica
Brooch: Hermes
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird
Nail Polish:Ciate in Treasured Possessions - Antique Brooch

March 1st 2014
Top: Mulberry
Jeans: J. Brand
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Coat: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Marc Jacobs
Bag: Hermes
Hat: Cath Kidston
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
Earrings: Majorica
Brooch: Hermes
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird
Nail Polish: Ciate in Paparazzi

March 2nd 2014 (Day)
Top: A.P.C.
Jeans: Koral
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Coat: Orla Kiely
Shoes: Bass x Weejuns
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pin: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
Earrings: Majorica
Brooch: Hermes
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird

March 2nd 2014 (Night)
Shoes: Miu Miu
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird
Nail Polish: Ciate in Destination Party - London Baby

March 3rd 2014
Dress: Orla Kiely
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Coat: Marc Jacobs
Tights: Falke
Shoes: Marc Jacobs
Bag: Mulberry
Hair Pin: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
Earrings: Majorica
Brooch: Hermes
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird

March 4th 2014
Top: Orla Kiely
Skirt: A.P.C.
Cardigan: Orla Kiely
Coat: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Marc Jacobs
Bag: Mulberry
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
Earrings: Majorica
Brooch: Hermes
Watch: Vintage (similar)
Engagement Ring: Vintage - Similar
Wedding Ring: Catbird
Nail Polish: Ciate in Treasured Possessions - Antique Brooch

No comments:

Post a Comment