Friday, February 19, 2016

Retail Therapy: Session 9 - Early 2016

Hi!

So, if you bothered to read my last post which was like one hundred pages long, you'll know that the last six months have been really stressful for me and as you know, when I'm stressed... I shop. All of the events have also seen me staying in a few of the best shopping cities in the world.
I started this post thinking that I was gonna try and post everything I bought while I was away but... then I realized that that might be a bit insane so, I trimmed it down a little. I left out things like basics and pre-order items, things I'll probably only wear in winter and things that you can't find online. Below is what I ended up with and I think it's a pretty good cross section of the things I bought. As you'll notice, I've become slightly obsessed with Gucci as of late...
-Bea

(PS. I won't have any new outfit posts until next March but I plan on sticking to a rigid schedule this spring, so hopefully there will be a pretty regular post starting soon.)

(PPS. I'm sorry if my thoughts seem a little all over the place... I was trying to finish this at like two in the morning last night... yuck!)

(Click the colourways to get your own)

Item 1

What: Valentino Hawaiian Couture Embroidered Poplin dress - Hawaiian Landscape
Where: Valentino
How Much: $3,650
Why: So, I'd just gotten back from three stressful weeks in California, during which I spoiled my niece and nephew like crazy, I got home thinking okay, no more spending for a bit. The next morning I wake up to this Hawaiian capsule collection. I was half pissed off and half ecstatic. I just love this dress! Flared shirt dresses like this one are my all time favourite and this print is to die for. Sigh* So much for saving money. 

Item 2

What: Valentino Hawaiian Couture Short Crepe De Chine Dress - Hawaiian Orchidea
Where: Valentino
How Much: $3,650
Why: Again with the adorable shirt dresses. I'm not usually much for Orange but I really like this.

Item 3

What: Valentino Hawaiian Couture Short Crepe De Chine Dress - Hawaiian Sunset
Where: Valentino
How Much: $4,790
Why: This one is actually my favourite. I'm so crazy about this print. I'm thinking some unfussy sandals and a thin belt. Perfect for summer.

Item 4

What: Valentino Drop Waist Wool Silk Dress - Pink
Where: MyTheresa 
How Much: $2,990
Why: I bought the black version of this dress in New York just before I left and have already worn it three times so when I saw the pink one, I couldn't say no.

Item 5

What: Erin Fetherston Louella Dress - Daisy Mesh
Where: Erin Fetherston
How Much: $225
Why: I loved everything from Erin's Spring 2016 collection but this one is my favourite. I like how it's got a late 60's vibe but fresh and modern at the same time... although I guess that's kinda what Erin does.

Item 6

What: Gucci Tulle Organdy Embroidered Dress - Light Blue
Where: Gucci
How Much: $4,200
Why: I've been just mad about Gucci lately. I bought a whole bunch from the fall collection but the spring one is even better. Pair with Miu Miu flats and a sparkly headband. Bam!

Item 7

What: Gucci Tian Print Silk Plisse Dress - Light Blue
Where: Gucci
How Much: $2,900
Why: I've been wearing more of these kind of dresses lately. I guess I've been kind of transitioning from early 60's to late 60's. I'll wear it with my platform Miu Miu mary-janes.

Item 8

What: Gucci Tian Print Silk Dress - Pink
Where: Gucci (in-store or .kr)
How Much: $2,350
Why: I can't resist the ruffles... it's a sickness. Ruffleatitis... it's real.

Item 9

What: Miu Miu Bow Embellished Cady Mini Dress - Black
Where: Net-A-Porter
How Much: $1,320
Why: I adore this dress! I think it's one of my favourite things I bought recently. Little black dresses are never a bad investment.

Item 10

What: REDValentino Eyelet Trim Silk Sheath Dress - Cream
Where: StyleBop
How Much: $975
Why: I'm such a sucker for eyelet and REDValentino. This whole resort line was perfection! Again, some sparkly Miu Miu flats and I'll be perfect.

Item 11

What: Saint Laurent Floral Embroidered Silk Georgette Mini Dress - White
Where: Net-A-Porter (in-store or .uk)
How Much: $7,830
Why: I had seen and almost bought the black version of this dress many times from the Saint Laurent website but didn't because I wasn't sure if it was too grungy for me, then I saw this one in their New York store and well...

Item 12

What: Valentino Hawaiian Couture Printed Crepe De Chine Shirt - Hawaiian Orchidea
Where: Valentino
How Much: $1,390
Why: Okay so, I know I bought the dress version of this but you know I'm a sucker for matching separates... Yeah, I bought the skirt too.

Item 13

What: Valentino Silk Tie Neck Blouse - Multi (sold out)
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $1,690
Why: I don't usually go for high tie neck blouses like this, I feel like they never look right but I just love this print so much, I decided to go for it. I think with the right high waisted white shorts, I can make it work.

Item 14

What: Alexander McQueen Off The Shoulder Cotton Cropped Top - White
Where: MyTheresa
How Much:
Why: This is so adorable on. Besides, it's a little like the Steven Alan one I have from like a million years ago that I've worn to death. I love the eyelet trim.

Item 15

What: Carven Pointelle Knit Cotton Blend Top - Pale Rose
Where: Net-A-Porter
How Much: $340
Why: I always love sweater polo's like this and... pink!

Item 16

What: Gucci Ruffled Silk Shirt - Yellow
Where: Gucci (in-store or .kr)
How Much: $1,050
Why: Every year it's the same thing. I always try for more yellow... maybe this year.

Item 17

What: Gucci Trompe L'oeil Sequin Knit Top - Black
Where: Gucci
How Much: $1,590
Why: This is a sweater I can see myself wearing all year round. I love the sequins! It's so adorable, I can hardly stand it... besides, I'm forever trying to be as perky as Kailey from Mermaidens... I think this might do the trick.

Item 18

What: Gucci Silk Organza Top - Pink
Where: Gucci
How Much: $1,150 (gifted)
Why: I think I stared at this top for like 15 minutes straight when I tried it on but ended up putting it back because I'd already spent a zillion dollars. Mom surprised me with it the next day. I was pretty happy. 

Item 19

What: Gucci Strawberry Crochet Pullover - Cream
Where: Gucci (in-store or .kr)
How Much: $980
Why: Who can resist a strawberry crochet detail? Sretsis took advantage of that fact last season... it seems that Gucci is picking up where they left off. I snagged this planning to wear it with my pleated red Gucci skirt and some sandals.

Item 20

What: Kate Spade New York Fitted Bow Sweater - Cream
Where: Kate Spade
How Much: $229
Why: Bows and white sweaters are two of my favourite things. So versatile this is practically a basic.

Item 21

What: Miu Miu Printed Crepe Top - Black
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $1,200
Why: Okay, I know that this isn't really summer appropriate but I fell in love. I think I can pull it off with the right shorts.

Item 22

What: Miu Miu Silk Pleated Blouse - Cream
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $790
Why: I went crazy when I saw the little daisy buttons, they bring to mind all those dresses I had in the 90's. All I need now is a matching goody barrette.

Item 23

What: Miu Miu Silk Shirt - Peach
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $685
Why: Again with the daisy buttons and it's not easy to find blouses this colour. Peach is very underrated. 

Item 24

What: Paul & Joe Sister Ruffled Denim Top - Indigo
Where: Boutique1
How Much: $167
Why: So freakin' cute. I still have not mastered styling the denim top... but I keep trying.

Item 25

What: Saint Laurent Grunge Rose Oversized Paris Collar Shirt - Off White
Where: YSL
How Much: $1,190
Why: Such a pretty print. Another of Saint Laurent's semi sheer blouses for the collection.

Item 26

What: Valentino Hawaiian Couture Pleated Crepe De Chine Skirt - Hawaiian Orchidea
Where: Valentino
How Much: $1,790
Why: Remember what I said about matching separates... enter the pleated Hawaiian skirt. Will also work with a pretty cream blouse. 

Item 27

What: Gucci Silk Wool Pleated Mini Skirt - Rose
Where: Gucci (in-store or UK)
How Much: $1,250
Why: Okay, I bought the yellow version of this little skirt suit before Christmas and I love it! It makes me feel like a mix of Cher Horowitz and Barbie... a pretty good combo. Then! I found the pink one. It was a no brainer.

Item 28

What: Gucci Silk Organza Pleated Skirt - Light Blue
Where: Gucci (in-store or .jp)
How Much: $1,380
Why: Let me preface this by saying that I'm not that tall. 5'8''... I know that's not short but next to my brother and sister Willa, I'm tiny. Because of this... I feel like midi skirts always look silly on me. So I tailored this one... I know! I spent this much money on a skirt I had to fix but... so pretty and it's perfect now.

Item 29

What: Miu Miu Printed Crepe Skirt - Black
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $990
Why: Matchy, matchy... and! Add a cute pink sweater... even better.

Item 30

What: Orla Kiely Taffeta Elastic Short Skirt - Tea Rose
Where: Orla Kiely
How Much: $57.20
Why: I never turn down an Orla Kiely sale and this is an amazing basic... pretty cheap too.

Item 31

What: Gucci Wool Gaucho Shorts - Navy
Where: Gucci
How Much: $990
Why: I feel like a total nautical goddess in these shorts. Like Sailor Moon meets... sailor babe. (cut me some slack... I'm pretty tired at the moment)

Item 32

What: Gaimbattista Valli Floral Jacquard Shorts - Black
Where: FarFetch
How Much: $758.29
Why: I have the pants in this print and I love them, they're the perfect alternative to a LBD when going out.

Item 33

What: Sretsis Daisy Button Shorts - Mint Choco
Where: Sretsissuper (official)
How Much: $275
Why: I just ordered these this morning. I love the color... mint suede is not something you see everyday.

Item 34

What: Miu Miu Heart Pointelle Cashmere Cardigan - Pink
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $1,050
Why: So cute! I know, I'm a total girl but pink and hearts are the perfect combo.

Item 35

What: Gucci Silk Wool Jacket - Rose
Where: Gucci (in-store or UK)
How Much: $2,100
Why: Aww! How can you see this and not swoon a little?

Item 36

What: Gucci Arielle Embellished Patent Leather Pumps - Pink
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $675
Why: I have these in black and I was a little unsure how they'd work out, given the unusual heel but they're actually quite comfortable and I'm a sucker for the pearl button.

Item 37

What: Marc Jacobs Courtney 3 Strap Pump 75mm - Black
Where: Marc Jacobs
How Much: $478
Why: I bought the flats too. I love glittery shoes. A few years ago, I got a cream pair like these and I still wear them all the time.

Item 38

What: Repetto Cendrillon Leather Ballerinas - Pink
Where: MyTheresa
How Much: $295
Why: Another basic... Such a pretty colour, I feel like I'm about to dance Swan Lake when I put these on.

Item 39

What: Saint Laurent Grunge Rose Classic Saint Laurent Lavaliere - Off White
Where: YSL
How Much: $375
Why: I think this will jazz up the matching blouse a little bit when worn like a pussy bow. Or in my hair 60's style.

Item 40

What: Gucci Le Marche Des Merveilles Earrings - Gold
Where: Gucci
How Much: $1,400 (gifted)
Why: These are the other goodies that Ben gifted me. When I was a kid, every time someone said my name, it would be all kinds of mangled... to the point where I felt like people were actually making it harder to say than it actually is... When I got a bit older, I just started introducing myself as Bea. Ever since, bees have been my spirit animal.


Item 41

What: Gucci Le Marche Des Merveilles Necklace - Gold
Where: Gucci
How Much: $1,500 (gifted)
Why: I love the bee and the heart design. I think it's incredibly sweet.

Item 42

What: Gucci Le Marche Des Merveilles Ring - Gold
Where: Gucci
How Much: $1,300 (gifted)
Why: Rings are tough for me because I wear both my wedding and engagement rings all the time and when I wear other rings too, I feel too overdone but I just love this so much, I'll make it work.

Item 43

What: Kate Spade New York Let's Fly Away iphone 6 Case - Frosted
Where: Kate Spade
How Much: $40
Why: I needed a new case so bad... and this reminds me of Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment