Wednesday, March 2, 2016

And Everybody's Acting Like They've Heard Something Back From My Baby...

Hi everyone!

Okay, so as promised, I'm back and hopefully for the long haul. I'm anticipating easier times ahead and in that more time for the blog. I know that I've made some mistakes... taking almost a year off, not posting a warning when I changed the blog's address (oops!) but... no more of that. I'm planning to blog smarter from here on out.
This is where I'm starting... I wasn't sure if I wanted to just wait until spring break which is when I usually start wearing my spring wardrobe but I thought you might like a glimpse into what I've been wearing this fall and winter.
Since I've been back from California, I've also been back at work and so happy to be. I love my job, and I'm so grateful for my wonderful co-workers and everyone who were so understanding and made it so easy for me to be with my family in their time of need.
So I have two outfits for you, today and yesterday. As you can see, I'm still wearing a lot of my old stand-by's... Orla Kiely is still and will probably always make up a large part of my wardrobe. Miu Miu is still my go-to in terms of shoes. I have also added a few new favourites to my rotation, such as Gucci, as I wrote about in my last retail therapy post. Alessandro Michelle has breathed new life into the house and his use of florals, bees and sparkles is right up my alley.
Yesterday, I wore one of my all time favourite dresses, the hedgehog printed crepe Orla Kiely dress has pretty much everything you could desire, except for a great collar, which I created by tying myself a pussybow and giving it an extra pop using one of Gucci's amazing flower brooches. I paired the dress with Gucci's leaf intarsia fur coat which was gifted to me from my mother and Miu Miu's glittery snake skin mary-janes. Did you know that Karen Walker also sells sunglasses that convert into Rx glasses? I found this out recently and exchanged my usual Oliver Peoples Sheldrake glasses for Karen's Super Duper Strength Clear Lens.
Today I wore Gucci's snake skin skirt suit which has become a bit of a staple. I love the little belted jacket and the skirt is the perfect shape to make the look feminine and not... trashy. I paired the suit with Orla Kiely's semi sheer dragonfly print ruffled blouse, Gucci's metallic fringed mid-heel pumps and oxblood accessories.
There you go! I hope you enjoy the looks, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.
Right after I post this I'm gonna work on my look into the new Orla Kiely fall 2016-17 lookbook which was released yesterday. It's amazing!
I also have a feeling that you'll be getting another retail therapy post very soon as I eagerly await Orla Kiely to put up their spring collection. Soon my loves... soon!
-Bea

(Ps. Anyone else watching 'Recovery Road'? I waited a long time to try it. I saw that the two main actors where on Skins and instantly recalled that they were probably the worst actors of that generation so I waited. Having now watched the first three episodes... they're not bad in these roles. She's not speaking with that annoying Grace Blood affected accent. Thank God!)

What I'm Listing To:
Adam Green
Minor Love
'Castles And Tassels'









March 1st 2016
Dress: Orla Kiely / Coat: Gucci / Shoes: Miu Miu / Bag: Mulberry / Hat: Cath Kidston / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita / Scarf: Saint Laurent (worn as pussybow with brooch) / Brooch: Gucci / Watch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird

March 2nd 2016
Top: Orla Kiely / Skirt: Gucci / Jacket: Gucci / Shoes: Gucci / Bag: Mulberry / Hat: Cath Kidston / Glasses: Karen Walker / Earrings: Satomi Kawakita (not shown) / Scarf: Cath Kidston / Watch: Vintage / Engagement Ring: Vintage / Wedding Ring: Catbird / Lipstick: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment