Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Orla Kiely Fall/Winter 2016-17

Hi,
Okay, so I've been waiting and waiting (somewhat) patiently for Orla Kiely to release the first wave of new Spring arrivals on their website, which I expect any day now. Cut to me about a week ago, London fashion week ending and not yet seeing a new Orla Kiely collection. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was about to lose my shit. I looked everywhere for news about what was going on but found only a link to a dead webpage about how she wasn't showing at fashion week. I was sad but hopeful that something else was at play. Last night, just as I was giving up faith, there it was... the new collection. Shown lookbook style instead of runway and with the promise of a fashion video on instagram, I rejoiced. Not only did she show but she SHOWED. What an amazing collection! It's so perfect. In it I see all the things that have always made me love the brand; amazing retro cuts, zany prints, a tongue in cheek sensibility. This season I could see her newest influence all over. Orla Kiely appears to be a Alessandro Michele fan, not that I blame her at all. I could see it in the oversized bows, lurex stripes, berets and colour palate. Needless to say, I love it and I can't wait until fall so I can shop it. In the meantime, I'm giving you a peek at my favourite looks from the collection. Go look at the whole thing, you'll go nuts. Promise.
-Bea

       

       

       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment